Women's Black Moto Jacket: Why You Need One!
Today's look is super cool and edgy and one I'm absolutely in LOVE with, so I couldn't wait to share it with you guys! I really love edgy looks, and the EASIEST way for me to make a look edgy is to throw on a women's black moto jacket on over a tank or tee, like my favorite Free People bodysuit...and omg wait'll you see tha back of it!
Generally speaking, a lot of women think that they can't rock a black moto jacket because it reminds them of a man. Or a men's motorcycle, aka "biker" jacket, when in all actuality it is THE coolest way for women to look like they didn't even try. Aka, effortless.
Did I mention classic?
I mean, moto jackets have literally been around since...forever.
Ahem, GREASE anyone?!
Photos: Stephania Campos | Houston, TX
WHERE TO FIND WOMEN'S BLACK MOTO JACKETS UNDER $100:
- ASOS- Find black moto jackets all under $100 HERE. Many are under $50!!! My favorites from ASOS include this one for $51, this one for $60 and this pearl-embellished moto jacket for $63! Actually really obsessed with that pearl detail...WANT!
- Nordstrom- Find women's black moto jackets for under $100 HERE. I would say the one that is most similar to mine in this post and has amazing reviews is this Levi's one. I also love this TopShop one for $100 and this one with the tassels is #soextra but I'm totally digging it...ahhh, so good! Plus its 40% off right now!
- Nordstrom Rack has some great embroidered moto jackets right now! Style Tip: Keep the rest of your outfit basic when rocking a moto jacket with extra detail on it. Let the coat speak for itself and don't try to compete using other items! My favorite embroidered ones include from here is this studded one (so good!!!!), this floral embroidered one, (or this one!) This cropped suede jacket is such a good basic and this one has been added to my cart because I just love the sporty, retro vibes of it!
WHY YOU NEED A BLACK MOTO JACKET
- It's a closet staple. It's an item that has been around forever and one that everyone should have in their closet. I get it that it may be too "edgy" or too "cool" for you. But if you pair it with lace or floral, it instanlty becomes more feminine. Trust me when I say...everyone needs one in their closet. It is just a good BASIC item to have. Not trendy at all, but a very classic piece.
- It's an excellent layering piece. Layer, Layer, Layer. Houston weather can be very unpredictable...and while yes, we are entering the warmer season, where I won't be needing a moto jacket as much...I know that I always get cold inside places. This is such an easy jacket just to "throw on" or "take off" depending on the weather or the temperature of the room.
- It's super versatile. A women's black moto jacket will literally pair with just about anything. I would even attempt to style it with joggers! You can wear it with denim (any shade, and even black or white denim) and it would be super cute paired with white denim this spring for those cooler days. For fall, you could pair it with some rust tones and it'll look just as great. When I tell you it goes with anything and everything, it literally does.
- You'll look like a badass. If that's not reason enough to buy one, then I don't know what is! Haha! And you wonder why biker chicks wear them, right? Cuz it's totally badass. If the biker chick look isn't your style, I promise you can make it look less "biker chick" by adding your own style + flair to it!
- They're not that expensive! At least faux leather ones aren't. Which by the way..the one I'm wearing is faux leather and sooo good! You don't have to spend a fortune to get this cool girl, effortless look. I promise! Most are under $100 and many I"ve linked below are under $60, which is a GREAT price for a jacket! Since spring/summer is coming up, NOW is an excellent time to buy them because many are on super sale right now! Buy now...Wear later....that's always been my motto!