Ten things I'm Grateful for Today
Photography by Brittney Berube Photography
Cold shoulder graphic tee: Marshall's | Cutoff denim shorts: Forever 21 | Mirrored aviators: Forever 21 | Heeled gladiator sandals: Target
Shop similar pieces from pictures below. Exact pieces unavailable online.
Full discloser: I can't remember the last time I actually wrote down things that I am grateful for. This has me feeling super guilty lately, so I decided to do a blog post about ten things that I'm grateful for at this point in my life. It's like...I know I'm grateful for the things that I have, but I don't take the time to truly realize HOW grateful I am until I stop and think about it. Does anybody else feel like this? I never want to get to the point of taking things for granted, so let's dive in!
Sometimes life gets so busy that we literally need to stop and take a moment to reflect. I'm not a perfect person. I make mistakes. We all do. BUT, I'm trying to be better, and if I can find time to reflect...I think it would do my body good.
I'm thinking this would be a good thing to do weekly, or on some sort of repeating scheduling. I'm hoping to inspire you to write a few things you are grateful for as well! So feel free to grab a pen and paper (or open up that Notes app on your iPhone, let's be real!) Try writing what you are grateful for right now...you never know, you might surprise yourself. And there are NO wrong answers. AKA....I am super thankful for Walmart Grocery Pickup! ;) ;) ;)
By the way, it helps to actually physically write it down, rather than just think it. It forces you to think more deeply and helps you to take ownership. I'm really hoping this can give us all a more positive outlook on our life!
TEN THINGS I'M GRATEFUL FOR TODAY:
- My family who loves me for me. As previously stated, I'm not perfect. Sometimes it's 7 pm, and I haven't got a clue what I'm making for dinner. Sometimes my kids have three fruit snack packs a day. Sometimes I completely forget to bring towels to the swimming pool. Sometimes piles of clean laundry sit in baskets for daaaays before they get folded. But you know what? My family doesn't hold it against me. They love me for me, and I'm sooo thankful for that.
- My patience and persistence. I'm talking mostly about the blog here. Since I started the blog in April, I have been trying to become more of a #bossbabe. I'm over here trying to be persistent with my goals, but also realizing I must be patient. Things do not happen overnight. I am continuing to practice both of these things and am grateful in my ability this far.
- My childhood memories. This one is a bit random, but I had an amazing childhood, which I can attribute all to my parents! We had a carefree life. We would go on "drives" if we were bored, take regular trips to Dairy Queen, go to the beach at 7 pm, and we were always up for whatever. We were spontaneous at times, and my parents were always taking us on new adventures. I thank them for that, and I am thankful for the childhood I had growing up. They were some of the best days of my life. Problem is, you don't realize it at the time. But I do now.
- My relationship with God. I haven't really talked about my faith on the blog thus far, but I am 100% a Christian. I do have a personal relationship with God, and I pray every night before bed. Since moving to Houston, I am ashamed to say we have not found a church to attend. We have tried a few, but we really need to look harder. Y'all, this is not something I'm proud of at all. We need to get back involved in the church, but I am grateful for my faith and the relationship that I personally have with God right now.
- My husbands dedication to provide for our family. My husband is the most dedicated person I know. When he wants something bad enough, he will get it. I am so proud of him for that. He works long hours at his job, and is going to school part-time as well. He honestly has very little time for himself. I am thankful that he works so hard to support us, because he loves us that much.
- My followers (that's you!) Did you think I wasn't going to mention you? Of course I am! It makes me incredibly happy when you guys read my blog posts! I'm just over here writing what's on my mind, sharing my love of fashion with you, and give you a little glimpse inside my life. My goal is to inspire you to chase your dreams. But y'all have made it possible for me to do this. Without this community and audience, my blog would be nothing. So thank YOU for following along. You guys rock! Think I don't read every comment? I do. Think I don't read every DM? I do. I genuinely love hearing from you guys, so keep the love coming!
- My health and my family's health. I try to eat well and exercise so that I can live a long, healthy life and be around for my kids as long as God plans for me to do so. I am grateful for my family's health and well-being and that we don't have the stress of having any major health issues right now. This is something I pray for every night.
- My job. I am grateful for my job, and the opportunity I have to care for babies who need special care. For those who don't know, I am a NICU nurse, and have the privilege of caring for the tiniest of humans. It's pretty incredible. I truly love what I do, and I get to work with some pretty amazing people.
- A safe home and neighborhood. This is simple, but some people do not have this luxury. I am grateful that I live in a neighborhood that I can feel safe in, and for neighbors that I know I can count on if anything happened. I'm thankful for this safe home in Texas that protects my family and I.
- Good-hearted people who are willing to help a gal out. Since moving to Texas, we have fully experienced Southern hospitality. Y'all. Southern people are just the nicest people there are! On top of that, since I started blogging I have met several bloggers who are just the sweetest! Not only are they nice, but they are so willing to share advice, tips, motivation, etc. as it relates to the blog. I've also met a handful of photographers who have been willing to help me out, as far as pictures go. And I am so appreciative of them for that. Makes me want to help a person out, yaknow?! Let's all spread the love, okay?
This post was pretty transparent and honest, and I have to say I'm ashamed of some of my behaviors lately. BUT the first step to fixing something is admitting your'e wrong. So, that's what I've done. And now I can move forward. Today, I really wanted to share my thoughts with you guys (not just my regular outfit post), so hopefully y'all enjoyed it.
I would love to know some things that y'all are grateful for! This is a bit more serious of a post, but just know that I am also grateful for less serious things; like free shipping/free returns (ahem, Nordstrom), the kids' nap time (because I selfishly get time to myself), easy Mac, rainy days, and drive-through Starbucks.
So send me those silly ones too! I'd love to hear them as well ;) Y'all have a great hump day and let's finish the week strong!