TRENDING: WIDE-LEG PANTS AND HOW TO STYLE THEM
Hi guys! I'm making this post short and sweet today! I'm going to show you how to style wide-leg pants and let you in on a few secrets as to WHY you need to try this trend out. So let's jump to it!
First of all...the color red is ON TREND this season. Red just so happens to be my favorite color even before it got big this fall......so I"m pretty partial to it already. Therefore, you can imagine my excitement when it hit the runways this fall. Plus it's a perfect color to wear for the holidays, am I right!?! (Psst shop my picks for Holiday Dresses here)
When I found these wide-leg red pants at Nordstrom Rack, I knew I had to have them. I actually bought them in red and black when I got home online after I tried them on in the store. Sadly, these exact pants are sold out, but no worries...I have linked some very similar ones below. I've also linked some black ones as well if red is just too bold for you. Another wide-leg pant color I'm totally digging lately is white! Just skip the red wine for dinner if you go with these please...yikes!
How to Style Wide-Leg Pants
- Keep the top BASIC. With a dramatic pant, keeping the top basic keeps focus on the pants.
- Tuck in the shirt or my best recommendation is wearing a bodysuit with these pants. If you're not on the bodysuit trend yet (btw they are super comfortable) try a cropped shirt.
- Pay attention to the length of the pant and determine which shoes to wear by this. You'll want the pant to just SKIM the ground with shoes on. Most of the time, you should be wearing a shoe with a HEEL on them. These pants were long enough that I needed to wear heels. Having the correct shoe height avoids the pant bunching at the bottom or dragging on the ground and getting dirty and/or looking sloppy.
- Have a general color scheme. I went all black and white with a pop of red. Make sure your colors go together for a cleaner look.
Why You Need to Try This Trend
- Because boring isn't very fun. Ha! Too much? Okay, but seriously...Personal style is supposed to be fun to experiment with and these pants are a perfect way to try! You don't have to break the bank either. I have linked several pants that are under $40 or under and my guess is that you already have a shirt in your closet that you could style with them.
- It will make you look like you have legs for daaaaays...Enough reason in itself, right??
- This look is versatile. It could be worn as workwear, to happy hour, to a casual holiday event, or even a girls night out. Possibly a conference or other social event as well.
- This is a true #bosslady look. These pants will make you walk like you own the place and people will believe you do with these on.
- This is a true statement piece. Wide leg pants have been on a trend before, are trending now, and honestly, they will come back again. Don't you love how everything comes full circle???
- Because ARE skinny pants really that comfortable?! I mean...gimme some leg room, here!!! These pants are it.
I hope you guys at least think about experimenting with this trend, and just remember: all you need is a little bit of confidence and you can pull off ANY look you want!
Style tip: If the red pants are too bold, start with a wide-leg black pant, which is much more basic and then if you like the fit and style of those....try it in a more bold color!!
ALSO: If you guys ever want my advice on how to style your personal items, just remember you can always send me an email, or DM me on Instagram. I'm always happy to help you guys out, especially with this look! PS My sister sends me mirror pics all the time and asks one or two? Starting to feel like I'm at the eyedoctor, HA! Love you, Liv ;) But I love helping out so pleeease reach out if you need to!
As always, thanks for stopping by and yall have a great rest of the week! To end this, I want to say....Don't be afraid to be BOLD!!! Because boring is.....boring.
Related Post: Ask Yourself These Questions to Boost Confidence Today