Five Black Leggings That Will Get You Noticed
Is there anything better than black leggings?! I mean can we say comfy, cute, casual AND goes with pretty much anything. Today I'm highlighting these black faux leather leggings. But I'm also linking my other top picks for black leggings this fall, all from Nordstrom. So you guys know what that means...free shipping + free returns! These are not your basic leggings though. I've linked ones with a little more edge to get you noticed, in a good way :)
Black leggings are a staple, in my opinion. You will need at least one good pair this fall if you don't have one already. Let me add a couple tips regarding black leggings Tip #1: This is an item that may be worth the splurge for better quality. Nobody wants to "see through" your see-through leggings. Just make sure you do the "bend-over test" in the mirror. Tip #2: It's also better to pair leggings with a longer shirt or tee, unless you have reeeeaaally good coverage in the back. In this post, I will link my top five picks for black leggings from Nordstrom that will be sure to get you noticed this fall!
The possibilities on what to pair with black leggings are endless. As far as shoes...you can wear sneakers, booties, OTK boots, heels, flats, mules, even rain boots. Literally ANYTHING. As far as shirts...same thing. For fall... I like to pair black leggings with a chunky sweater, a tee + jacket, a flannel shirt, a basic sweatshirt, an oversized blouse. Really literally anything! I don't think there's anything you couldn't pair with black leggings, to be honest. I put together a look book of items that will pair with black leggings for this fall at the end of this post!
FIVE "NOT-SO-BASIC" LEGGINGS FROM NORDSTROM:
1. These black faux leather leggings from Nordstrom are under $30 and are easy to dress up or down! I dressed them up in my pics with black heels, but they are just as easy to wear with sneakers and an oversized sweater for a casual, more comfy look! As are any of these black leggings...I'm wearing a size medium, but definitely could have sized down to a small, as they have stretched a bit over time.
2. These stitched black moto leggings are definitely not your average. I've seen these on people and let me tell you they look amazing on!! I love the detail, and how it's got that edgy/moto look. Plus they look super comfy. They also come in a really cool olive green color as well, another great color for this fall.
3. These high-waisted black leggings are pretty basic, but they are a dream come true, so I had to add them! I own these and I love the high-waist and how they suck everything in. I got them for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, so I didn't pay full price, but after having them on, I would definitely pay full price. They are on the more expensive side ($54) but I believe in quality over quantity when it comes to black leggings and other staple items.
4. These black mesh inset leggings have ripped details backed with mesh that make this legging not-so-basic. It adds a little "tough girl" factor and that extra edge! They almost look like a ripped, distressed black denim from a distance...so cool!
5. I have heard sooo many good things about these SPANX faux leather leggings and they are currently price-matched, so 25% off original price! I may have to snag them. These are a bit of an investment for leggings at $73 but again...worth it, in my opinion. Let's be honest, SPANX is known for sucking everything in, so when it comes to leggings...there may not be a better choice than these. I know a lot of fashion bloggers who swear by this legging, and the reviews are all sooo good, so if it's within your budget, I would definitely give it a try!
Photos by TimeWave Productions | Houston, Texas
FALL ITEMS TO PAIR WITH BLACK LEGGINGS:
Hope y'all enjoyed the post. I'll see you on here next Wednesday or you can follow along with me daily on my Instagram!